Saturday, December 3, 2016

Liquid Maze - (2016) Colours of Euphoria

Stumbling upon new bands, and hearing new albums has taken on a whole new level since my obsession with Bandcamp. For a few years now, every day I'm finding another band, or an album that speaks to me on some scale. I don't have the time or energy to write about all of them, but the ones that really deserve to be heard, or really need some love, I will do my best to get something out there. Even if it's just to remind me years from now what I've listened to.

Austria's best kept secret is this new band calling themselves Liquid Maze. They released a debut album a few months ago, and was brought to my attention by one of my fellow music lovers, in a group of people that I've recently been keeping time with on the world wide web. 

The album has been given the name "Colours of Euphoria". The colors of the pallet they use are varied, familiar at times and distinct in their presentation.

The band manages to successfully combine the progressive leanings of Tool with the dirt of Nirvana, enhanced with just enough psychedelic sparkle to really set the mood. They have a sound that is just as easily accessible by die-hard music lovers, as with the people that just listen to the radio. Incredibly well written songs that carry feeling and groove. Obviously fantastic musicians that know what they're doing, and where they're going. The fact that this is their debut, has me completely intrigued by what the band will do next. 

Check them out below, go to their Facebook and give them a like. I'm willing to bet you'll appreciate what you hear just as much as I do. -AD)))AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...